Hörby Municipality´s Future Compass is a plan to ensure that all children in elementary school are given the opportunity to address issues related to studies and professions. For grades 4-6, industrial visits are part of the schedule. Hörby Bruk gladly welcomes students from the municipality´s middle school classes. Every school year, all fifth graders in Hörby Municipality are invited for a visit to Hörby Bruk. During these visits, we showcase our operations, explain how a company functions, and demonstrate the process of creating a product. The idea is to create an early interest in technology and industry among children that they can carry into the future.
A few times a year, we welcome internship (Prao) students from the municipality´s high school classes, who spend a week gaining insight into our operations. Students get a glimpse of the various aspects of the company, and as a company, we get a chance to showcase our operations, which can also promote our competence supply in the long run.
"Prao is a means to secure our future competence" (swedishenterprise.se)
Interview with Elin Bengtsson, Georgshill School, Hörby 9A
Why did you choose to have your internship at Hörby Bruk?
- Getting to know the staff, which increases the chances of a summer job.
- Gain insight into what it´s like to work in an office.
- Experience the interaction between production and the office.
What do you want to work with in the future?
- I have some thoughts about economics but not fully decided.
What is important in an internship place?
- Feeling welcome, seen, and treated well.
- Getting to try different things.
- Being informed about the adult working life.
- Feeling useful and not in the way.